Many of users want to change the default hardcoded strings into their own strings in WordPress theme. To achieve this goal I personally used Loco Translate Plugin.
What is Loco Translate?
Well, Loco Translate is WordPress Plugin which provides in-browser editing for WordPress translation files. It also provides localization tools for developers, such as extracting a string and generating templates. In general, it allows users to translate their themes, plugins or even though certain hardcoded strings of themes or plugin into their own languages. The main goal of translating the themes or plugins is for non-English speakers.
The Themes or Plugins contains several hardcode strings that maybe you like to translate them. Please follow the below steps:-
Translating Hardcoded Strings of Envy Blog WordPress Theme Using Loco Translate
Today we are going to take a look how to translate hardcoded strings of Envy Blog theme using Loco Translate plugin.
Step 1: Install and Activate Loco Translate Plugin
Step 2: Translate Theme Hardcoded Strings
- Go to Dashboard->Loco Translate->Themes
- Now click on Envy Blog( or which theme you want to translate ) Theme
- By clicking New Language you can add new language
- Select your language
- click on Start Translating button
- Now search string through Filter Translations
- Select your string and enter new translation string
- Press Save button to save the new string.
Step 3: Set Your Default Language for Site
- Go to Dashboard->Settings
- Select Site Language as English( Canada ). The same language you added in Loco Translate settings.
- Now press Save Changes button